06 giugno 2006

where the wild roses grow- riadattata

From the first day I saw her I knew he was the one
As hestared in my eyes and smiled
For his lips were the colour of the roses
They grew down the river, all bloody and wild

When he knocked on my door and entered the room
My trembling subsided in his sure embrace
He would be my first man, and with a careful hand
He wiped the tears that ran down my face


On the second day he brought me a flower
He was more beautiful than any man I'd seen
He said, 'Do you know where the wild roses grow
So sweet and scarlet and free?'

On the second day he came with a single rose
Said: 'Will you give me your loss and your sorrow?'
I nodded my head, as I layed on the bed
He said, 'If I show you the roses will you follow?'


On the third day he took me to the river
He showed me the roses and we kissed
And the last thing I heard was a muttered word
As he stood smiling above me with a rock in his fist

On the last day He took me where the wild roses grow
And Ilay on the bank, the wind light as a thief
As he kissed me goodbye,said, 'All beauty must die'
And lent down and planted a rose between my teeth

3 commenti:

Anonimo ha detto...

Heilà!! Nick Cave l'ho ascoltato poco ma quelle poche volte mi ha sempre lasciato un buon sapore in bocca..qualche suo cd da consigliare?
Ciao, a presto.

Donna del Mare ha detto...

ehm, veramente sono molto ignorante sto cercando di istruirmi presto!

Anonimo ha detto...

Vai tranquilla lo sono anch'io, di lui conosco soltanto "The boatman's call" è davvero bello però un pò troppo lentino. Adesso tocca a te, appena hai tra le mani qualcosa di Nick Cave fammi sapere...ciao!!

2022

 In 2019, I moved to Ireland, in May. Then, in 2020, when I was supposed to go to Thailand, the Pandemic. On August 4th 2020 I discovered I ...